Start your journey to self so you can live a life filled with passion and purpose.

Sunday 18 March 2018

A Journey To Freedom


I’ve had a profound shift in my perspective and mindset this week and I wanted to share my ephinany. 

I view life as a journey, a path to an end outcome that is to be enjoyed every step of the way. This week I was able to view the journey in an entirely different way that I had never done so before. This came about from sharing a post on my Instagram that stated “Maybe the journey isn’t so much about becoming anything. Maybe it’s about unbecoming everything that isn’t really you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.”

I’d never looked at my journey like this before but in doing so I have totally shifted my perspective on my definition of what the journey means. 

With this shift in mindset my journey is no longer  about getting from A To B or becoming what I envision myself to be, I realise my journey is a journey to myself. A journey back to me, a homecoming to myself, for I am already all that I hope, aspire, and believe myself to be. 

My journey to self is about me uncovering one layer at a time, one step at a time, and that means uncovering one false mindset perception at a time.

I found the concept totally awakening. Your journey, your journey to self doesn’t have to be about becoming anything, it can be about unbecoming, it can be about just being...its your journey and everyone’s journey is unique. 

How freeing is that!! 

I love working on my mindset because it makes me feel so free. Certain mindsets can leave us feeling captive and enslaved.

I literally feel released from a mindset trap that I needed to let go of in order to pursue a deeper, more meaningful relationship with myself. A relationship based on the truth that I am already who I aspire to be and all I have to do is just be.

This week has truly been freeing for me and it made me contemplate the question, 

"How would it feel to live more freely?" 

Freedom can mean so much and mean something entirely different to us all. 

From freedom of time, financial freedom to location freedom. 

Yet freedom can also apply to your mindset and freeing your own mind. 

Sometimes we can limit ourselves just by the mere definition of what we perceive something to  mean. Once we realise this we realise we have the power the power to free ourselves from out dated definitions and make a shift in perspective about how we view certain terms, what they mean and how we can apply them to our lives. I discovered this when I re-evaluated my definition of what the journey means.


Writing Challenge

I encourage you to take a few minutes today to ask yourself these three questions: 

1) What is YOUR definition of freedom? 
2) Does it feel completely grounded and true to you?
3) How would living freely allow you to reach a state of joy?


Here's to your most free, joyful and authentic self!

 #justwrite #Justpickupanotepad


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig